Online Casino Games for Real Money
There are such a large number of casinos on the Internet; it becomes a cumbersome task to attempt to separate the good online casinos from the bad online casinos. Comparing online casinos can feel like a daunting task.
It’s easy to spot the worst casinos (also called rogue or blacklisted casinos) because of all the gambling forums and communities where complaints and scams can be posted for all to see. Of course, by the time everyone knows about a rogue casino, some people have already been scammed.
In this article, I will share some things that make an online casino worth playing at.
Good casinos must:
1. Protect players’ financial and personal information
2. Have user-friendly casino software free of major bugs, spyware, or malware
3. Offer options for both a downloadable casino and a no-download casino
4. Have all the popular casino games
5. Give all players a chance to play casino games for free
6. Have their games regularly tested for fairness by a third-party company
7. Offer players attractive deposit bonus offers, a VIP program, & regular promotions
8. Strive to have an unsurpassed level of casino player support
9. Ensures that deposits are easy to make and processed efficiently
10. Pay any casino winnings quickly and fully
11. Not have predatory casino terms and conditions
12. Implement systems to recognize and prevent underage and problem gambling
All the best online casinos we list are comparable in those regards. Some casinos are better than others in areas, but overall they are all considered honest & reputable internet casinos.
Players should feel confident that they will have a great time playing online casino games for money at any of our recommended online casinos.
Best Online Casinos for Real Money Casino Games
- Includes a sportsbook & poker
- Solid mobile casino and poker room
- Most trustworthy U.S. gambling site
Benefits of these top-ranked online casinos for money:
- The convenience of all the most popular casino games to play for free or real money including blackjack, slot machines, craps, video poker, roulette, baccarat, keno and much more.
- Large casino bonuses for new players
- Options to download casino software or play instantly
- Payouts equal to or better than brick-and-mortar casinos
Get started now:
1. Try a few casinos for free
2. Create real money accounts at your favorites
3. Use a credit card or other safe depositing method to fund your account
Players who wish to play the downloadable version of the casino’s software, simply download and install it like any other program. Players who opt to play using the instant-play casino, need only have Flash installed to begin.
Quick Tip: It’s important to maintain copies of a photo id (drivers license or passport), a recent utility bill showing current address, and any credit or debit card used to fund the casino account. The best option is to scan the documents and have them on the computer as a .jpg file.
Almost all casinos will ask for these documents at some point. Sending them upfront by email will save a lot of hassle later on. This is usually a one-time-only procedure that the casinos make players follow prior to cashing out winnings. It’s best for players to get it out of the way upfront, so they won’t be held up if they hit a big win. Once they’ve verified someone as a legitimate player, there should be no problems withdrawing.
Now, it’s time to fund that online casino to play for real money!
How to Fund Your Casino Account
Time to play for some real moola! After the casino is installed, the account setup, documents sent in and verified, it’s time to buy some virtual casino chips to play with.
As soon as a player goes to log in to their casino account, there’s an option to play for real money.
Most online casinos give players several deposit options to choose from. A lot deposit methods are limited to certain countries and currencies. Here are the most important things a player needs to know about depositing real money at an online casino.
Online casinos use chips or “checks” just like live casinos. The difference is that players place their bets at a live casino and click their bets online. The chip value is imprinted on online casino chips just live ones.
Online casinos also offer players the option of playing games for free. These free casino chips are for play money only and hold no monetary value.
Most online casinos are good about offering multiple currencies to cater to players from around the world. The most popular (and most widely used) casino currencies available are U.S. dollars ($ or USD), British pounds (£ or GBP), and Euros (€ or EUR).
Using Credit Cards at Online Casinos
In the early days of internet casino gambling, credits cards were the only viable option to play for real money. But now because of some governments making an effort to discourage their citizens from gambling online, credit cards aren’t the best option. For example, the United States passed the UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act) in 2006, which makes it illegal for credit card companies and banks to process online gambling transactions.
There are still online casinos accepting credit cards though. These casinos have developed ways of getting around the processing ban to approve player deposits. For players interested in using a credit card at an online casino, the most widely accepted and approved transactions happen with Visa and Mastercard. Very few casinos accept Discover Card, Diner’s Club, or American Express with success.
The most popular method and safest method of funding a real money casino account is with a reputable e-wallet service.
Online Casino E-Wallets
An e-wallet is an online payment processing company like Paypal for instance. These companies transfer money securely from the player’s bank account and then to the casino. The fees are usually very reasonable, especially for the peace of mind they offer.
Most e-wallet companies that allow online casino deposits cater to players from certain countries. Here’s a list of the best casino e-wallet services and the countries they allow.
- Credit Cards – United States
- Neteller – United Kingdom & Europe
- Skrill/Moneybookers – Canada
The only problem with e-wallet accounts is the amount of time it takes to verify the account. Most services do a thorough job of ensuring the banking information matches the player. This is a good thing for player security. It’s just a bit of a hassle to wait 3-4 days to play real money casino games.
Other Financial Considerations
One of the worst things a player can do is gamble with money that he or she can’t afford to lose. Players should never use designated savings or go into debt to play casino games for money.
To ensure proper casino bankroll management, we suggest setting up a separate checking account where only gambling money goes in and out of. It’s perfectly acceptable for a player to make a withdrawal to have some fun after a winning session. However, it is unacceptable for a player to have a losing session and then use money designated for more important things (rent, food, utilities, etc) in an attempt to “get even”.
This is known as “chasing your loses” and is how many casino players get trapped and end up with a severe (and costly) gambling addiction. It’s especially easy to chase your loses when playing online casino games for money since you’re playing from the privacy of your home. Plus, online casino games play faster than live ones. Remember, keep gambling what is, entertainment.
Q. How do I know an online casino won’t steal my money?
A. With online casinos, you have every reason to be suspicious. There are literally hundreds of casinos on the Internet. That’s why the only casinos we endorse here are the ones with a track record of paying their players.
If you receive unsolicited offers or are tempted to sign up at a casino, make sure they are list on our website. Otherwise, they may or may not be an honest casino.
Q. Why are there so many online casinos?
A. The online casino industry has had a relatively short, yet turbulent history. When first online casinos started in the 1990s, there weren’t that many to choose from.
Nowadays, there are multiple online casino software companies that allow companies to lease or purchase their software to run an online casino.
Some software companies has strict requirements to start an online casino, while others are more relaxed with their guidelines.
As a result, there are hundreds of online casinos floating around.
Q. How do I go about choosing an online casino?
A. There are a number of things to ask yourself when selecting an online casino. Answering these questions will help you decide which online casino is right for you.
- Is the casino’s website well-designed or does it look like it was developed in 1999?
- Does the casino have an “About” page? If so, how long have they been in business?
- Does the casino claim to be regulated by a licensing body?
- What software does the casino use?
- Does the casino offer a wide variety of deposit and withdrawal options or do they ask for cash transfer only?
- Does the casino provide all the games I like to play?