Online Blackjack for Real Money
Blackjack, also called 21, is one of the most popular casino games in the world. The object is to beat the casino dealer by having a hand closer to 21, or by holding lower hand when the dealer busts (goes over 21). Blackjack’s popularity is due in part to it being one of the few casino games where playing proper strategy increases your odds of winning against the casino. The best online blackjack games for real money are available at the casinos below.
Best Online Casinos for Real Money Blackjack Games
- Includes a sportsbook & poker
- Solid mobile casino and poker room
- Most trustworthy U.S. gambling site
What to Look for in the Best Online Blackjack Sites
When you’re looking for a reputable blackjack site to play for real money at, here are a few key characters to look for:
- The option to play for free (play money) or for real money
- Low stakes and high stakes blackjack games
- A generous blackjack bonus for new players
- Secure deposit options
- Fast cash outs
- Easy-to-use blackjack software
- VIP programs to reward regular blackjack players
- Odds that meet or exceed that of live casino blackjack games
Playing Blackjack Online for Real Money – Pros and Cons
Playing blackjack online differs greatly from casino blackjack. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of playing real money blackjack games online.
Advantages of Internet Blackjack
- It’s more convenient to play online blackjack rather than going to a casinos.
- Since online casinos have blackjack games for as little as $1 per hand, it’s much more affordable to play online than at a casino where you’re lucky to find a blackjack game under $10 per hand.
- Online blackjack casinos offer hundreds (sometimes thousands) of dollars in deposit bonuses to players, something you never see at casinos.
- The Internet is the only place where you have a blackjack table to yourself. You can easily play 3-4 hands of blackjack at once.
- With online blackjack, you can use all the blackjack strategy cards you want. Whereas some live casinos frown on players using strategy cards. And even if the casino allows strategy material, who wants to sit at a live blackjack table with a strategy card in their lap?
Disadvantages of Internet Blackjack
- Internet blackjack is less exciting due to the lack of the casino atmosphere, other players, and use of actual chips instead of virtual chips.
- Forget about trying to card count at online blackjack. Online casinos have to use random number generators to make their games random. That means the deck is shuffled after every deal, which eliminates the possibility of keeping a legitimate count.
- Extremely high stakes blackjack games are nearly impossible to find online. While you can find blackjack stakes at live casinos of $5000 to $10,000 per hand, online casinos usually only go as high as $500 to $1000 per hand.
- It takes longer to cash out online. Unlike a live casino where you can take your blackjack winnings and run, it usually takes a week or two to receive your cash from an online casino.
Winning Money at Online Blackjack
To make money at online blackjack you need to do the following:
- Learn all the blackjack rules.
- Make sure you understand beginner blackjack strategy.
- Always use a basic strategy chart when playing online. Avoid going with your gut instinct.
- Avoid side bets like Pair Plus. These “sucker” bets have an insanely high house edge.
- Take full advantage of online blackjack bonuses when you can.
- Use your blackjack skills to win against other players. Learn strategy for, and play in online blackjack tournaments.